The government has allocated a grant called the Primary PE and Sport Funding. The fundamental aim is to support all children and improve the quality of PE and sport provision within school.
The staff at West End work hard to ensure that our children take part in a varied and enjoyable PE curriculum. We also provide a range of extra-curricular sports activities and take part in many different competitions.
West End Primary Objectives
- To purchase PE resources in accordance with the Lancashire Scheme of Work to enable staff to deliver high quality PE.
- To continue staff professional development in all areas.
- To work towards achieving the criteria for the School Games ‘Silver’ Award.
- To refresh and utilise sports leadership and put a programme in place. Eg. Year 5 pupils to train in Sports Leadership- SSN- Leadership Conference.
- To implement a ‘School Games Organising Committee’ working alongside the School Council.
- To complete an Inclusive Health Check to help identify areas of development and support for pupils with disabilities and learning difficulties.
- To employ an Outdoor Education coach to ensure that all children in KS2 participate in high quality ‘Outdoor and Adventurous Activities’.
Please see our Facebook page for more details of the different sports and competitions we have taken part in both in and out of school.
We also post details in our ‘Fortnightly Newsletter’ including competitions and match reports.